Thursday 22 July 2010

This is shaping up to be a very good day...

So today started with me waking up and reading some Artemis Fowl (my favourite book series). I had cookies and milk for breakfast because that's what I felt like eating. I watched the 1931 Dracula movie with my little brother and laughed at how ridiculous it was. Then, I downloaded ebooks for the 6 Artemis Fowl books I already own. Why? Because I want to carry them around with me wherever I am. I was asked to babysit somewhere.

This little boy I babysit - Jeremiah - can be a real pain sometimes. He's a bit spoiled so when he wants something, he expects that thing to happen right then and there. I don't put up with any of that crap though. We played LEGO Star Wars on the Wii for a bit, then I made up dinosaur macaroni and cheese and chicken nuggets for dinner. Then I read him a bit of Harry Potter (he's five so I had to read it very slowly to make sure he understood what was happening. After that we watched the first episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender. He's seen the movie (which was CRAP) but he's never seen the show. Then it was time for bed so I read him a bit more of Harry Potter, up to the part where Harry is sorted into Gryffindor and he went to sleep.

But that is not even the end of my good day. When I arrived at Jeremiah's house, his mother told me that a friend of ours who moved to Texas left me the first six books of the Wheel of Time series. She thought I would like them since I read so much. I've heard of the series of course, but never really had much interest in reading them. But, you know, free books, so I didn't say no. Now I have something new to read while I'm waiting for the release of Artemis Fowl and the Atlantis Complex on August third. OMGOMGOMG *fangirl squeal* Ok, I'm just insanely excited for that. I don't really know anyone who understands how I feel about this book.

So know I'm typing this, waiting for Jeremiah's parents to go home so I can watch A Very Potter Sequel. I'd watch it here but I'll probably be laughing and stuff and I get loud when I laugh and Jeremiah's a really really light sleeper. I think I might start queuing up the videos though.

Today was a very, very good day.

No comments: