Friday 25 June 2010

In a bad mood...

I know other people would view this as a wicked selfish reason to be in a bad mood but I can't help it. Today was the first day in a while that I don't have to babysit my little brother and I could just go to my boyfriend's house. I was hoping we could bake cookies and watch a movie just like we used to all the time but he's going swimming at the Wilson's.

Now, I completely understand that the Wilson's are moving soon and he won't have that much time to spend with them,  but I can't even remember the last time Phil and I just sat around watching a movie just the two of us. It seems like someone else is always there and we can never spend time together like we used to. I thought we'd have more time to hang out now that it's summer vacation, but apparently that just means abandoning me a lot to go swimming. Now you may ask 'Rachel, why don't you go swimming too?' I don't like swimming. I've never liked swimming. Phil knows this. And I can't deal with the heat very well (I get migraines) so I don't go with him and just hang out at the pool.

And in the text he sent asking if I would come over his house tonight (after Friday Night Knitting) I sort of sent a reply that I feel a bit bad about. It was kinda rude, but I can't really help it. When I'm in a bad mood I get sort of pouty.

So other people might view this as selfish, but I don't. I understand that the Wilson's are moving soon. I do. But I can't remember the last time he and I were hanging out watching a movie without a bunch of other people there too. I don't really think it's too much to ask for.

*rant over*

No comments: